06 November 2008

we have had a big couple days....




with the election and all! how amazing is this!
my friend michele helped me to realize that many of us younger folks are, for the very first time, feeling pride in our country as we watched democracy work this week and history be made. i have never felt pride in my country. until now. it is sad to me that i have gone 29 years with out even a real inkling of pride...but tuesday night i was feeling...well, kind of overwhelmed....with what i now know is pride. i am glad that i can be proud of my country...it is about time.

i think i knew in my heart that obama was gonna come out ahead! i know some folks are sad...but i really feel like he wont let yall down. peace and equality is what its all about...and i know that we might not all think the same...but i am glad to know that i am surrounded by folks in my life that respect how i think and sometimes ask me questions that help me to clarify what i think and perhaps why i think it....it is my goal to really understand my own positions...and to be able to articulate them at the right time.....

someone (hi!) recently asked me why i am a democrat...and i really couldnt articulate why...but i know that my values match up...but does that define who i am and really what i am all about...? not totally...partially maybe...
so yeah. i want to be able to really articulate who i am...and why...and i dont want it to be just be "well...its how i was raised"...or some other answer....i think this election really has me thinking about that. well...that and the person who done asked me the question! ;)

other big news! warren has learned that the more noise he makes the more reaction he gets...so he is randomly screaming...not crying...screaming...its really cute and funny! he is also ticklish...and of course, still loves to be nekkid!
annnnnnd he is almost rolling over! no more couch laying for him!

today, i had pho with kelly and owen...and it was deeeeelicioso! i also test drove a new saturn hybrid...it was fancy (as nicole would say) but out of my price range....but i seriously advise yall to take kim with you to the car lot...she dont play 'round! fer real!

anyhow, big week. i thought i would post a quick lil note...i am trying to blog more...

OHHHH! i almost forgot...silverton has made big news AGAIN! we have the nations first transgendered mayor!!! how cool is that! heres the link to stu rasmussen info! see people. it is time for change.

this year has been a huge time for change for me personally...with a new baby and all. change is good. it helps us grow. keeps things interesting to say the least!

1 comment:

Michele Maule said...

Change is awesome Angie! :)